Thursday, December 15, 2011

In all honesty, I completely embrace this new change in modern journalism. It allows for the continual and constant proliferation of knowledge and news - one that lets the journalist get closer and a bit more personal with the user. It's a refreshing change - we can nearly instantly get feedback from other knowledgeable members of society instead of waiting to get into the coveted editorial section of the newspaper.
As a techie myself, I want to watch news go in this direction - its the best way to make sure everyone knows the true news. I see my role going towards a more open one, one that requires me to be able to talk to more people and understand that everyone can be knowledgeable. I started out as an editor - I've already had to move towards a more open position as a reporter and an Executive Producer. This change has happened in front of my eyes.
Skills though, I think I need to improve on working with people and delegating, to make sure the image looks the best. I think I'm capable.

1 comment:

  1. How does including more technology in a newspaper necessarily correlate to "true news"? I do agree that having news where people can instantly respond and discuss is really great. It has allowed us as students to become more involved in our communities and also created a very intellectually stimulating environment. On a smaller level, the shift of journalism within WINN has definitely brought challenges that I also think would make our broadcasts even better.

    ReplyDelete