Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A New Way of Reporting

In these modern times, the traditions of the news industry are gradually changing. Yes, I believe that this change can lead to a very open and good future and my opinions are for this change. This future of people trying to keep up with computer software and the modern times creates a challenging mode for everyone in the broadcast industry. With this change, reporters can create an even more interactive mood and news for everyone to feel a stronger impact when the news has to do with the person themselves. Being able to interact with the audience is important because that can actually change the audience's opinion and attitude towards the news broadcast and the show itself.

I believe that journalist/multimedia is actually slightly changing. The reason why is because normally when I watch the news I get so bored that I just start flipping channels. However, not too long ago, I turned the TV on and noticed there was an interesting story about how people found another planet that could have the potential of people living there. When I saw this of course I was surprised that something like this was found. However, that wasn't the case. What I noticed was they way the person spoke during the broadcast. He gripped your attention and made you realize the things people need to do in order to stay fit and be healthy. I realized the importance of being interactive with the audience as soon as I saw this broadcast. Therefore

In order to do the same thing as the reporter did above, I realized that I needed to improve my skills on becoming a reporter. I noticed that in order to capture the attention of everyone, I should start having my reports to be more engaging with the audience. For example, adding a heading or introduction that has to do with the lives of majority of the people. This can be done throughout the whole story too. Also, in order to capture the people's attention, I should start putting in some nice facts that would allow the people to continue watching the video. My main idea on fixing my skills is trying to engage and interact more with the audience so that I can further be able to spread my knowledge to everyone else. Therefore, being able to have this opportunity of changing the news industry may possibly be the start of a new world in broadcasting., after watching his report, I started watching the news a bit more and more each day.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed we must be more interactive in order to be effective at reporting. So perhaps there are a few good TV reporters out there. I, however, have found that I learn very little from television these days. Unlike newspapers and Internet news sites, you can't skip around and read what you want. You have to have to patience to sit around and perhaps watch the whole hour to listen to the couple minutes that interest you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interactive presentation is indeed quite important for maintaining the audience's attention during a television broadcast, and that goal is respectable. however, i would like to bring to light the idea that internet news is becoming popular as well as more people begin to use computers over the television. Applying those presentational skills to online broadcasts or news reports will also be a great help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interactive presentation is vital. But, I think internet interaction is the best - using social network sites and other ways to connect with readers instead of television.

    ReplyDelete